Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Drei


We just arrived in Sydney and was hungry after a 7 hour flight from Manila so my Mom and I decided to eat out since we saw from the apartment that the Chinese restaurants across the street were still open and I was dying for something heavy since airplane food doesn’t really make you full.

After putting in our orders, I told my Mom that I’ll pop by to this internet shop near the restaurant for a quick surf to get my Ria’s mobile number from one of her LJ comments since I didn’t have it saved on my Sony Ericsson but instead had it saved on my BlackBerry which I didn’t bring with me at the time. While walking, I saw someone who looked strangely familiar. Being the kapalmuks that I am, I stopped him in his tracks and asked him if he used to work at Sutherland for the Hughes account and if his name was “Drei”. It IS him.

We sorta knew each other because of the accent thing and I knew he was close with Janno so I decided to say hello. And of course take this photo as proof to Janno that our paths did cross.

Random things like this make your travels abroad really memorable, don’t you think?

0 comments: