Monday, August 11, 2008

weekend



I stayed in Manila for the weekend because I sort of promised a friend that I'd go out on the Saturday.

I didn't know it would be busier than that.

My day started at around 4. I had coffee with my former boss (I didn't know there was a Starbucks near the house!) - he just moved over to One Gateway Place (which is only a tricycle ride away from where I live) so I paid his new flat a visit first - it was really nice and spacey (and I must say I got a wee bit jealous for awhile ^_^). He quoted me his rent and my initial thought is it was quite expensive for a place that's not in the Makati area. But the location, in my opinion, is one of the best in Manila. It's near the MRT, accessible to taxi's, jeepneys, and even tricycles. It's in between the Fort, Makati and Ortigas. Starbucks is very near (quite important), if you need to go to a mall (for all your malling needs whatever they may be) there's Robinson's Pioneer.

Found out a few of my friends are in Greenhills. I didn't want to go home quite yet so I followed them there. I didn't know they went to a Melissa shoe sale (half off!!! Bought 3 pairs!!! Will post pictures soon!!!) so that was a very welcome surprise. After the shoe shopping we ate at a place called WanTon - all I can say is we must do that again soon. Some of them went to watch A Very Special Love - I was game to watch A Very Special Love again but Caro didn't want to so in the end the rest of them watched the film and I stayed with her outside. I finally got to see Teatrino and was really amazed at how beautiful it looked like. I'm thinking Greenhills is going to be my hangout place soon - as long as I've got someone to hang out with I guess. :P

I'll write even more here but I'm guessing I'm too tired.

All I can say is, I got home from Greenhills at 12 AM, Was in bed by 2 AM, went to Tagaytay on Sunday at 8 AM and then went home at 4 PM, was in bed by 7 PM.

TIRED.

0 comments: